Discover Bordeaux, a city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city of Bordeaux is characterized by its exceptional heritage inherited from the 18th century, by great figures of the past who have made its intellectual (Montaigne, Montesquieu, Mauriac), cultural or political fame, and naturally by the wine that bears its name.
The unavoidable :
- The Grand Theater, Opéra National de Bordeaux, Auditorium
- Old Bordeaux and its squares, from the Saint Pierre district to the Sainte-Croix district
- The Cité du Vin and the Place des Quinconces
- Place de la Bourse and its famous reflecting pool
- The Institut Culturel Bernard Magrez, CAPC, musée d'Aquitaine, base sous-marine, le muséum
- The Public Garden, a French formal garden freely inspired by the Le Nôtre style
- The Stone Bridge and its 17 arches illuminated at night
- The new Chaban-Delmas Bridge, a lift bridge over the Garonne
Shopping in Bordeaux:
- Galeries Lafayette
- The Quai des marques: outlet stores in the old hangars on the banks of the Garonne
- Rue Sainte Catherine: the longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe
- La Promenade Sainte Catherine: a commercial space in the center
- Antique dealers: rue Bouffard, place Saint Michel, rue Notre Dame ...
- Les Grands Hommes: grouping of shops in the heart of the Golden Triangle
- The Mollat bookstore: the largest independent bookstore in France
- The wine merchants: L'intendant, Badie, la vinotèque ...