Discover Bordeaux, a city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city of Bordeaux is characterized by its exceptional heritage inherited from the 18th century, by great figures of the past who have made its intellectual (Montaigne, Montesquieu, Mauriac), cultural or political fame, and naturally by the wine that bears its name.
Bordeaux's heritage is plural: architectural and intangible, yesterday and tomorrow. Listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site, Bordeaux is a city of history resolutely turned towards the future.
Beautiful stones stand side by side with avant-garde constructions, statues and fountains, literature, gastronomy, and know-how and lifestyles. All this allows you to discover the city from several angles, between tradition and modernity.
Bordeaux abounds in pleasures that can be discovered on cruises on the Garonne to explore the Estuary, the Gironde islands and many more. Embark on a day or night stroll as you dine along the facades of the 18th century quays, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The unavoidable :
- The Grand Theater, Opéra National de Bordeaux, Auditorium
- Old Bordeaux and its squares, from the Saint Pierre district to the Sainte-Croix district
- The Cité du Vin and the Place des Quinconces
- Place de la Bourse and its famous reflecting pool
- The Institut Culturel Bernard Magrez, CAPC, musée d'Aquitaine, base sous-marine, le muséum
- The Public Garden, a French formal garden freely inspired by the Le Nôtre style
- The Stone Bridge and its 17 arches illuminated at night
- The new Chaban-Delmas Bridge, a lift bridge over the Garonne
Shopping in Bordeaux:
- Galeries Lafayette
- The Quai des marques: outlet stores in the old hangars on the banks of the Garonne
- Rue Sainte Catherine: the longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe
- La Promenade Sainte Catherine: a commercial space in the center
- Antique dealers: rue Bouffard, place Saint Michel, rue Notre Dame ...
- Les Grands Hommes: grouping of shops in the heart of the Golden Triangle
- The Mollat bookstore: the largest independent bookstore in France
- The wine merchants: L'intendant, Badie, la vinotèque ...